Re: st: Problem with hour format

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Problem with hour format
Date   Wed, 26 Apr 2006 06:28:02 +0100 (BST)

Edgard:
I have found StatTransfer very useful in cases like these. StatTransfer
is a seperate program that transfer data from various formats to
various other formats, including Stata and Excel. It is also quite
flexible with respect to time and date formats.
HTH,
Maarten

--- Edgard Alfonso Polanco Aguilar <[email protected]> wrote:
> I'm working in Stata9 SE for Windows a database that has a variable
> that tells me the time of the observation. I have the database in
> Excel format and I transfer it to Stata format. When I transfer the
> archive, instead of hour format (i.e.: 12:30) I get a float number
> (i.e.:12.3).

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081