Re: st: stata graphs in beamer

From   Phil Schumm <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: stata graphs in beamer
Date   Tue, 25 Apr 2006 22:14:06 -0500

On Apr 25, 2006, at 8:59 PM, Kit Baum wrote:
I had no trouble producing a presentation last year using Beamer with the Stata command

graph export chm1.pdf

and the Beamer code

\begin{frame}
\frametitle{The Cost X-Efficiency measures}
\includegraphics[scale=0.7,trim=20 120 90 90]{chm1.pdf}
\end{frame}

using TeXShop's option Typeset->pdfTeX.

Indeed, if your figure is in PDF format and you're using pdflatex, everything works fine. My initial assumption was that Ben was trying to use pdflatex with a figure in Postscript format, and that, I believe, will not work. Looking back on Ben's original message, however, I now wonder whether that really was the problem he was having (his posting wasn't completely clear on exactly what he was trying to do).

-- Phil

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/