st: RE: convert datafile to a matrix

From   "Lei Xuan" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: convert datafile to a matrix
Date   Mon, 24 Apr 2006 10:46:45 -0500

Dear Kit,

Thanks for your suggestions. It is a good point that passing vectors instead
of matrix into C and then Matlab.

Thanks again,
Lei

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Kit Baum
Sent: Saturday, April 22, 2006 7:54 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: convert datafile to a matrix

Unless you are going to carry out matrix operations in Stata, there
is no need to make it into a matrix--just use outsheet on the
variables and observations that you want to pass to MATLAB. If you
want to kick out the vector arising from regress or logit, use the
file command.

If you want to work with your dataset as a matrix in Stata, use a
Mata view on the dataset.
help mata for details.

Kit