st: RE: ivreg2 test of exogeneity

Subject   st: RE: ivreg2 test of exogeneity
Date   Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:53:26 +0100

Max,

That's right, but the latest version of ivreg2 (2.1.15) has a new
option, "endog", which lets you do the same test but in a slightly more
intuitively understandable way:

ivreg2  wage  d_educ2-d_educ4 exp /*
*/  (unemploym = unemploym-1) [aweight=weight], endog(unemploym)

You will get the same test statistic as your proposed command, but this
is a little clearer: you are asking whether unemploym needs to be
specified as endogenous.

--Mark