st: RE: xtreg fe and matrix inversion error

Subject   st: RE: xtreg fe and matrix inversion error
Date   Wed, 19 Apr 2006 17:23:26 +0100

Scott,

Do you get the error if you use robust but not cluster?

The main candidates for the error are either too many clusters (more
clusters than regressors), or a singleton dummy, i.e., a dummy that =1
for one observation only.  The latter would cause problems with or
without cluster.

--Mark