st: RE: RE: Antispam message

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Antispam message
Date   Wed, 19 Apr 2006 17:11:58 +0100

I agree with Bellinda.

The motivation here is understandable -- and as Richard Williams
suggested the person concerned may be following institutional
policy or instructions.

However, this boils down to someone, in effect, stipulating that
they want to be a member of the list, but on their own terms:
namely, that posters to the list must all individually confirm
to that someone that they are not spammers.

In the limit, this kind of behaviour would mean
that each of us must send every message to a new recipient
_twice_, and I join firmly with Al Feiveson in just
not wanting to do that.

Incidentally, the message I am replying to got put in
a "Deleted" folder by my mailer, so the behaviour is
likely to be self-defeating anyway.

Kallimanis, Bellinda

> I googled this Antispam message and from what I read there is actually
> someone on the list who uses this company to block spam. The email
> address is posted in the message you receive when you post to
> the list.
> Other lists have contacted the person with this antispam program and
> asked them to remove it so that list members do not receive the
> confirmation message every time they post to the list.

Seb Buechte