RE: st: sequential application of a model to a number ofdatasets in manner of foreach var of varlis

From   "Ben Dwamena" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: sequential application of a model to a number ofdatasets in manner of foreach var of varlis
Date   Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:58:19 -0400

Thanks Neil and Nick
Ben

Ben Adarkwa Dwamena, MD

Assistant Professor of  Radiology
Division of Nuclear Medicine
Department of Radiology
University of Michigan Medical School
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
B1  G505   University  Hospital
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-0028

[email protected]

http://sitemaker.umich.edu/metadiagnosis

Staff Physician
D748 Nuclear Medicine Service (115),
VA Ann Arbor Health Care System
2215 Fuller Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
734-761-7886 Phone
734-761-5229 Fax

>>> [email protected] 04/19/06 9:30 AM >>>
As a footnote to this, note that -fs- from SSC can
collect a set of filenames for you.

What -fs- does
==============

-fs- lists the names of files in compact form.  Note that files do not
include
directories. With no arguments, -fs- lists names of files in the current
directory
or folder. Otherwise, it follows file specifications.  A file
specification is a
filename or (more commonly) a set of filenames indicated by the use of
wildcards
* or ?. A directory or folder prefix should be given for files outside
the
current directory.

See help on -dir- or -ls- for listing the names of files with more
detailed
information. Unlike either of those commands, -fs- may be given more
than one file
specification. Also unlike either of those commands, -fs- shows any
hidden files.

Most pertinently here, the list of filenames is returned in r(files).

Application here

So, in the dopiest case in which your .dta files have
a rag-bag of different names, you can go

fs *.dta

foreach f in `r(files)' {
	use `f', clear
	<whatever>