st: Re: RE: compute elasticity: Probit VS LPM

From   "Feng Liu" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: RE: compute elasticity: Probit VS LPM
Date   Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:43:31 -0400

Thank you Maarten.

Usually I use Probit or Logit instaed of LPM. This time I guess the
elasticity from mfx,eyex after Probit might be wrong, so I tried LPM. Is
there a way to verify which one is right?
What I tried is:
after Probit regression,
.predict p0
.replace x2=x2*1.1
.predict p1
Then I compare p0 and p1 and find it fell by 3%. This implies the elasticity
is -0.3, which is close to the one from LPM.

Any other suggestions? The data is available at
http://fliu22.googlepages.com/teste.dta which is only 12KB.

Thanks again,

Feng