st: RE: Statistical Classics Archive: Stata 1.0 Manual

From   "Joly, Patrick: IASSB" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Statistical Classics Archive: Stata 1.0 Manual
Date   Tue, 11 Apr 2006 17:27:42 -0400

Wow!  What I find stunning is how similar the syntax diagrams and main
features were a "mere" 22 years ago, e.g. the -by ... : - construct, _n
and _N indices, [if exp] [in range], value labels, explicit
subscripting, the list goes on.

Shows how Stata got it right the first-time and has kept on building on
strengths ever since!

Alas, I could not find any references to auto.dta however.  :-)

P.Joly

Mitchell, Michael wrote