Re: st: SPSS vs STATA for panel data analysis with binary and categorical outcome variables

From   ronggui <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: SPSS vs STATA for panel data analysis with binary and categorical outcome variables
Date   Mon, 10 Apr 2006 20:38:07 +0800

It seems that SPSS cann't deal with GLMM model.But Stata can(xtlogit
ect.),and gllam project has other commands to do the thing you want,I
think.
Hope this helps.

2006/4/10, Cenare Cenarum <[email protected]>:
> Hi,
>
> I have never used STATA, therefore the question is-
> have I understood it correctly that in order to do a
> panel data analysis with binary and categorical
> outcome variables, it is better to use STATA than
> SPSS? The reasons for that are that STATA has logistic
> regression that taken into account that measurements
> are repeated and that STATA gives opportunity for more
> complex analysis compared to SPSS where basically all
> what one could do is to regress change scores for
> independent variables to change score (or value in the
> last wave) of the outcome variable. I am strugling
> through longitudinal data analysis books on my own and
> have no experience with this type of analysis,
> therefore I will appreciate any comments and advice
> (but please do take into account- I am neither
> statistician, no mathematician, just a PhD student in
> social sciences:)).
>
> best regards
> Daiga

> Yahoo! Photos �C NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 8p a photo http://uk.photos.yahoo.com