RE: st: RE: My Stata wishlist

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: My Stata wishlist
Date   Wed, 5 Apr 2006 00:03:53 +0100

I'd add my general strong agreement.

Phil refers to

http://fmwww.bc.edu/repec/docs/textEditors.html

but that's an out-of-date version. Please look
at (and if necessary revise your set-up to
refer to)

http://fmwww.bc.edu/repec/bocode/t/textEditors.html

A further revision (with correction on Mac editors)
is currently stuck in fog on the Grand Banks, but will
no doubt get to the Boston machine when Kit Baum has finished some
much more urgent projects.

To expand on one detail: that FAQ is necessarily
a compilation from very well-informed people with
details on many quite different editors, and it's
difficult for me as compiler to be clear that everyone
understands the same thing when syntax colo[u]ring
or highlighting (hiliting, !) is mentioned.
Highlighting command names or other key words is one
interpretation. Something that is sensitive to syntax is
another. In either case you can end up looking at rather
lurid fruit salad.

Phil Schumm