Re: st: Replacing the content of a counter variable

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Replacing the content of a counter variable
Date   Tue, 27 Dec 2005 09:23:28 -0600

To create the counter variable you could use -egen, group-

egen id = group(cotnum)

Or, rather than creating a new variable you could use -levelsof- and -
foreach-

levelsof cotnum, local(levels)
foreach l of local levels {
   regress var if cotnum == `l'
}

Or, the problem of collecting the estimated coefficients, standard
errors, and R2 values could tackled directly using -statsby-

statsby _b _se e(r2), by(cotnum): regress .....

Hope this helps,
Scott