st: Spatial autocorrelation in logistic regression

From   Dick Campbell <[email protected]>
To   "statalist-hsphsun2.harvard.edu" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Spatial autocorrelation in logistic regression
Date   Thu, 22 Dec 2005 10:38:46 -0600

I am doing work in which I have a binary outcome (late stage diagnosis of breast cancer)
and a number of variables at the level of the census tract. It is common practice in
epidemiology to use aggregate measures of this kind, in addition to person-level data,
to model binary outcomes, however I have not seen any attempt to correct for spatial
auto-correlation in that literature. For continuous outcomes, doing so has become a fairly straight forward
task, but a search of both Stata space and more generally has not turned up any software
for the logistic case. I am new to this, and could easily have missed something, but could
anyone direct me to either published work of software resources?

Richard T. Campbell
Division of Biostatistics and Epidemiology
School of Public Health
University of Illinois at Chicago
=======================================
Institute for Health Research and Policy M/C 275
University of Illinois at Chicago
1747 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL 60608
312-413-0480/ Fax 312-996-2703