st: Biprobit-simultaneous equations

From   "rob frase" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Biprobit-simultaneous equations
Date   Sun, 18 Dec 2005 12:35:24 +0000

Dear All,

I would be very grateful if you could help me with a conceptual problem.

I am running a Seemingly unrelated bivariate probit model. The commands are as follows:

biprobit (Y1 =X Y2 ) (Y2 = X Z Y1)

where Y1 and Y2 are binary variables. X are covariates common to both equations and z are just in the second.
If I have understood correctly, in a bivariate probit we can ignore both endogeneity and simulteneity (Greene 2000, p. 852-3). However, the estimated rho is -.99. Should I be concerned because of this?

Thank you very much and Merry Christmas!
Rob

Are you using the latest version of MSN Messenger? Download MSN Messenger 7.5 today! http://messenger.msn.co.uk

*
* For searches and help try: