Re: st: adoupdate

Subject   Re: st: adoupdate
Date   Fri, 16 Dec 2005 13:22:33 -0500

At 12:40 PM 12/16/2005, Fred Wolfe wrote:
I ran -adoupdate- the day it was released. It worked well. Really quite a nice idea and implementation.

Today, Roger Newson, updated somersd and suggested we could install the update. Seemed like an opportunity to see how it would work for this task so I issued the command

-adoupdate,update-

It checked all of the updates informing me that many had been updated on the server. Then it seemed then it seemed to reinstalled the new updates it had installed the day the program was issued )"Installing updates..."). I just ran it a second time and it seems to be doing it (reinstalling) again. Am I understanding something incorrectly or is there a problem?
You might check the -adoupdate- help for the solution to problem 2. Sometimes you have to uninstall and then re-install the routine before adoupdate will work correctly. Even then, I've got one file (pwcorrs) that it wants to keep updating no matter what! Stata tech support is checking into it.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]