Re: st: meta command and _result( )

From   Joanna Carrington <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: meta command and _result( )
Date   Fri, 16 Dec 2005 12:28:20 +0000

Thank you very much Roger,

That is spot on, thank you again. Thanks also to bw for replying.

Joanna

b. water wrote:

joanna,

you need to be careful using the meta command as there are couple of versions (possibly more) of it that's available. that said, those six could be effect size, lower and upper confidence intervals, standard errors, sample size, and weights.

regards,
bw

From: Joanna Carrington <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: meta command and _result( )
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 11:14:19 +0000

Dear Stata users,

I'm using the meta command and would like to obtain some of the numbers given in the output. A colleague has discovered that some numbers can be displayed using

di _result( )

I have managed to get an output for numbers (in the brackets) from 1-6. Could anyone explain what these are, how this numbering system works and if there are any other possible numbers I can obtain please? Essentially I would like the random effects estimate and it's standard error but am curious about any other numbers I can obtain.

Thank you for your help,

Joanna Carrington

believed to be clean.

*