Re: st: meta command and _result( )

From   Roger Harbord <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: meta command and _result( )
Date   Fri, 16 Dec 2005 12:17:24 -0000

The values in _result() are of little use as they're just the results from the last -summarize- command that happened inside -meta- (which happens to be summarizing the random-effects weights).

The results from -meta- are stored in the global macros S_1 to S_15. -meta- was written under Stata version 5 and this was a common way to save results then. They are documented in Stata Technical Bulletin 38 (7/97 pp.9--14; STB Reprints Vol 7, pp.100--106). However if you type -macro list- after your -meta- command then it's fairly straightforward to work out what's what by comparing the outputs of the two. The random-effects estimate and its standard error are in S_7 and S_8.

Hope that helps,
Roger.