st: RE: residuals for GEE

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: residuals for GEE
Date   Thu, 15 Dec 2005 17:17:58 -0000

It seems that the general comments on -predict-
after -xtgee- are an exaggeration in this case,
as no specific option is available that
produces any flavour of residuals.

No matter, you can still use -predict-
to generate predictions and (e.g.) plot those
against observed. Use the GIC: the
graphical investigation criterion. Or
calculate your own residuals from observed
and predicted.

That might tell you more than any other ?IC
purporting to encapsulate all information on
badness of fit in a portmanteau statistic.

This is all supposing that there isn't
some well-known argument showing that
with -xtgee- residuals are a snare,
a delusion and generally poor citizens.