Re: st: RV: Error when computing the hausman test

From   "Clive Nicholas" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RV: Error when computing the hausman test
Date   Thu, 15 Dec 2005 05:43:58 -0000 (GMT)

Valeriano Martinez San Roman wrote:

> I am doing some regressions on panel data. The thing is that in some of
> them when i am trying to compute the hausman test apperas the following
> message: Estimate of sigma u_i = 0, random-effects estimator has
> degenerated to pooled OLS and the Wald Test from xthausman may not be
> appropiate. See [R] hausman for a more general implementation of the
> hausman test.  I do not know why such an error. Please, I need an answer
> soon.

[...]

It might help if you were to show us _exactly_ what you are doing from
source (i.e., commands, output, etc.), otherwise it's impossible to
assist. I can't answer your second question, as I seldom run
random-effects models on my own datasets, as they've never been found to
be suitable when I have fit them.

Without wishing to be blunt, Statalist members don't exist to satisfy your
personal deadlines, so claiming urgency is not a smart move. Trust me: I
know from painful experience! :)

CLIVE NICHOLAS        |t: 0(044)7903 397793
Politics              |e: [email protected]
Newcastle University  |http://www.ncl.ac.uk/geps

Whereever you go and whatever you do, just remember this. No matter how
many like you, admire you, love you or adore you, the number of people
turning up to your funeral will be largely determined by local weather
conditions.