Re: st: dealing with income range

From   Rose Medeiros <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: dealing with income range
Date   Tue, 13 Dec 2005 08:39:06 -0500

for different periods, it was coded so that they are equivalent. That is, according to your diagram, income = 1 if <2,500 per year, <200 per month, or <50 per week. Note that these categories are roughly equivalent 50*4=200, 200*12=2400. As Nick said, you can just use three sets of value labels, depending on whether you want to report income per week, per month, or per year.
HTH,
Rose

Nirina M. wrote:

Hello,

My data on income is reported in messy way: AND I
WOULD LIKE TO GET THE INCOME IN THE SAME WAY, FOR
EXAMPLE ALL INCOME WOULD BE PER YEAR OR PER MONTH OR
PER DAY. HOW DO I DO THIS?

I have:" income" variable
codes Average per year Average per month Average per week
1 <2,500 < 200 <50
2 2,500- 3,750 200-300 50-70
3 3,750 -5000 300-400 70-100
4 >5000 >400 >100

and then I have "incomereport" variable which says:
codes label
1 income reported was per WEEK
2 income reported was per MONTH
3 income reported was per YEAR