st: A question about cox model with shared frailty

From   xiao yi <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: A question about cox model with shared frailty
Date   Sun, 11 Dec 2005 15:13:15 -0800 (PST)

Hi Statalist,

I am running a horse race to compare the estimation of
a Weibull model, a LogLog model and a cox model with
shared frailty. My data has 225 firms. Once a firm
enters the sample, it have the choice of investment or
doing nothing. So this is a multiple failure. After
STSET, the model for parametric hazard runs without
any problem. The Cox model with robust standard errors
adjusted for clustering also runs very fast. But the
Cox model with shared frailty can't converge. I tried
different specifications, taking out one or more
covariates. The message I often encounter is:

numerical derivatives are approximate
flat or discontinuous region encountered

Does anyone know the possible reason and any
suggestions?

Xiao yi