st: Dtobit mfx and Mcdonal and Moffit decomposition - tobit

From   "olivier lohest" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Dtobit mfx and Mcdonal and Moffit decomposition - tobit
Date   Fri, 09 Dec 2005 11:02:26 +0000

Hi

I am estimating a tobit model for migration (cross section)

I am using the dtobit "procedure"* to compute the unconditionnal expected value of the marginal effect but also to decompose this effect into two components : the marginal effect of the conditional to being unconsered and the marginal effect of the probability of being unconsored....The dtobit command is useful to compute quieckly this result.

My question is :

when I compare the marginal effect of the unconditionnal expected value and the sum of the marginal effect of the conditional to being unconred and of the probability of being unconsored, I don't have the same result.... the sum of these two components is not equal of the marginal effect of the unconditionnal expected value. I am using stata 8....

When I am looking to the empirical literature, I found also the same difference if the people have used stata

Do you any explications for these differences

Thank your for your help

best

Olivier

* I have also trying to compute these marginal effects via the command mfx (I obtain the same result)

Prot�gez votre bo�te de r�ception: Phishing : comment l'identifier, le signaler et l'emp�cher http://www.fr.msn.be/security/phishing/

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/