Re: st: Can we do FE in probit model by stata?

From   austin nichols <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Can we do FE in probit model by stata?
Date   Mon, 5 Dec 2005 17:23:36 -0500

Your question glosses over the difficulty of constructing such estimates--see

Wooldridge, Jeffrey M. "Simple Solutions to the Initial Conditions
Problem in Dynamic, Nonlinear Panel Data Models with Unobserved
Effects." Journal of Applied Econometrics, Vol. 20, No. 1, 2005, pp.
39-54.

for a useful discussion, and an example of his approach where he
indicates that a dynamic probit with an additive unobserved effect
inside the CDF can be estimated using "standard random effects probit
software."