re: st: Re: Clear the Results Window

From   "Svend Juul" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   re: st: Re: Clear the Results Window
Date   Sun, 4 Dec 2005 19:33:10 +0100

Mingfu Liu asked:
... I would like to clear up the content in the
"results window" in the middle of a Stata session.
How do I do it?

and David answered:
"Why would you want to do that?!"

I guess that you want to be able to modify the output,
e.g. by removing junk, before printing. That can not
be done in the Results window; but you can use a log
file. I made this simple profile.do and put it in
c:\ado\personal:

   log using c:\stata.log , replace

profile.do is executed whenever you open Stata, and you
then have a copy of the output (text mode). If you open
stata.log in a text editor, you can edit it, remove junk,
etc. before printing. As text editor I use NoteTab Light,
(download for free from www.notetab.com), but there are
many other possibilities. Find a destription by:
   findit text editor

Also read -[R] log- and -[GSW] 16- (or your appropriate
Getting Started manual), or:
   help log

My suggestion above is to open a log file automatically
at session start, but you will meet other opinions on
how to use log files.

Hope this helps
Svend

Svend Juul