st: RE: RE: Creation of family id

From   Steven Stillman <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: RE: RE: Creation of family id
Date   Sat, 03 Dec 2005 00:19:55 +1300

Sorry, there was a mistake in this suggestion: it should read "change the id
variable from id to p_id1" not the other way around.  Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Steven
Stillman
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 1:37 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: RE: Creation of family id

Hi Juan. One way to do this is to create X copies of your data set.  Copy 1
is your root copy.  Open copy 2 and pre/post-fix all variables with say
_pid1 and change the id variable from p_id1 to id.  Do the same with copy 3+
using different pre/postfixes and the next p_id variable.  You can then
merge each of these into the root copy using the p_idX as your merge
variables and only keeping observations in the master.

Hope this helps.
Steve