RE: st: how to merge two variables into one

From   "b. water" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: how to merge two variables into one
Date   Sun, 27 Nov 2005 16:34:48 +0000

dear listers,

my apology again for sending my question in this way. my earlier attempts (x2) to post my question (different to this one) seemed to be lost in space. i have two variables: studynames and yearofstudy e.g. Alshop 1981, Bell 1992.

what i want to do is to merge the two variables such that:
Alshop 1981
Bell 1992
i.e. somehow it is right-aligned in each cell.

would be grateful for help in achieving this.

platform: stata 8.2, os wxp pro sp2.

thank you in advance,
bw

Don�t just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/