st: strange transfer from MS Excel to Stata

From   <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: strange transfer from MS Excel to Stata
Date   Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:57:03 -0500

Hello all,

I have an Excel worksheet whose top left corner looks like this:

year	month	PRODID	SumOfREV
2003	1	CWT	101722355.12
2003	1	GRC	820717456.42
2003	1	GRR	356540317.57

Normally, I could simply copy and paste it into the Stata editor. I did
that, but the numbers weren't quite the same in Stata. So I saved it as
text, and then insheeted it. That did not help. Here is the same top
left corner after doing

insheet using [...], names
format sumof* %18.2fc

year	month	prodid	sumofrev
2003	1	CWT	101,722,352.00
2003	1	GRC	820,717,440.00
2003	1	GRR	356,540,320.00

It's strange when Stata takes it upon itself to round 355.12 down to
352, and 317.57 up to 320, isn't it? Does anybody have an idea how to
prevent that?

Thank you,
Gabi