st: RE: weird date format

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: weird date format
Date   Mon, 21 Nov 2005 15:51:48 -0000

A regression of dob on birth gives a slope of -364,
so that underlines the easy guess that dob is #days
since some origin. So the question is clearly what
origin. Some monkeying around gives

. di mdy(1,1,1994) -  mdy(10,15,1582)
150193

So my wild guess is that the scale is "number
of days since the Gregorian calendar was
introduced on 15 October 1582".

Haidong Wang