Re: st: An urgent request for help :-)

From   Roger Newson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: An urgent request for help :-)
Date   Thu, 17 Nov 2005 22:12:56 +0000

You don't state whether these 2 regressions are estimated on the same or different sets of data. If they are estimated on the same set of data, then any solution will probably use -suest- to create a combined covariance matrix for the 2 regressions. If they are from independent sets of data, then the 2 covariance matrices (extracted from the estimation results) can be combined diagonally to produce a combined covariance matrix. Once this combined covariance matrix is produced, you can produce a row vector of the derivatives of

G=(B01-B02)/(B11-B12)

with respect to B01, B11, B02 and B12, and use this vector, and the combined covariance matrix, to compute a covariance for G.

I don't know how much you know about -suest-, Stata matrices, and extracting estimation results. However, -whelp matrix- will introduce you to Stata matrices, -whelp suest- will introduce you to -suest-, and -whelp estimates- will introduce you to estimation results.

Best wishes

Roger