Re: st: xtivreg2

From   "Mark Schaffer" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: xtivreg2
Date   Wed, 16 Nov 2005 22:14:29 -0000 (GMT)

Daniel,

I think the -xtivreg2- error message,

> Possible causes: singleton dummy variable (dummy with 1 one and N-1
>   zeros or visa-versa)

might be correct.  The fixed effects generated using groupyr might include
some which are singleton dummies or that have only a small number of ones.
 Such variables can cause the robust var-cov matrix not to be of full
rank.

Try looking at the groupyr fixed effects, and seeing if there are any that
match this description.  Drop those obs from the estimation sample, and
perhaps the problem will go away.

Cheers,
Mark