Re: st: upper case to lower case for all variable names

From   Caleb Southworth <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: upper case to lower case for all variable names
Date   Wed, 16 Nov 2005 10:23:24 -0800 (PST)

Mindy: I am guessing that you are asking (1) how to run a regression with
lagged variables and (2) how to save the predicted values. You might
describe the SIC code; if you are using the four-digit code, implying
thousands of regressions, then you will need to use a loop. On the other
hand, if there are only a few industry differences that matter, then you
could use predict after your regressions.

Within SIC lags:
sort SIC
by SIC: gen CF_1=CF[_n-1]
by SIC: gen CF_2=CF[_n-2]