Re: st: Copying data from stata's editor to excel.

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Copying data from stata's editor to excel.
Date   Thu, 10 Nov 2005 15:16:35 -0500

All solutions worked perfect.
Actually, I have tried format but
issued the wrong command
(%9.0g...). This suggests I must
learn more about format (:-)).
Many thanks.
Amadou.

 Just an example to show the nature of the problem.

 Run this code on an empty dataset
 ********* CODE *********

 input x
 1000
 1.123456
 987654321
 3002001000
 end

 browse
 * Copy to excel. Numbers are wrong.

 format %12.0g _all
 browse
 * Copy to excel. Numbers are ok now

 ********* END *********

 As previous posts have said, formatting the data fixes the problem.

 Sergio

 On 11/10/05, Ronnie Babigumira <[email protected]> wrote:
 > Amadou
 > In addition to the comments others have made, here is what I do when
 I work=
 >   with excel
 >
 > 1. Typically I have results saved as a textfile (usually a matrix). I
 then =
 > use excel's import wizard. The key here is that I make sure that all
 column=
 > s are imported as text. That way I am sure excel does not try to
 round off-=
 > up- or-away stuff for me.
 >
 > 2. For the occasional cut and paste job, I copy (use table option)
 and afte=