Re: st: Regressing with variables with missing values

From   Ramani Gunatilaka <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Regressing with variables with missing values
Date   Mon, 7 Nov 2005 10:34:00 +1100

Nick,
Thanks, that worked. I should say, though, that I have several
variables with missing values and I tried ice with all of them and it
didn't work, so then I tried with just one.
See, this is what happens:

. /*MICE to impute missing values*/
. use uphvar02, clear

. ice incdisCh incdisCity indy02 workhrs happy r_health edyrs ln_pcy02
ln_avcityy city province male di
> vorced widowed finassets hhdebt using uricevar02, eq(incdisCh: indy02 ln_pcy02 ln_avcityy city provin
> ce finassets hhdebt, incdisCity: indy02 ln_pcy02 ln_avcityy city province finassets hhdebt, happy: ln
> _pcy02 r_health male divorced widowed) genmiss(M1) id(flag1) replace

    Variable | Command     | Prediction equation
-------------+-------------+--------------------------------------------------
    incdisCh | mlogit      | indy02 ln_pcy02 ln_avcityy city province
             |             | finassets hhdebt
  incdisCity | mlogit      | indy02 ln_pcy02 ln_avcityy city province
             |             | finassets hhdebt
      indy02 | regress     | incdisCh incdisCity workhrs happy r_health edyrs
             |             | ln_pcy02 ln_avcityy city province male divorced
             |             | widowed finassets hhdebt
     workhrs | regress     | incdisCh incdisCity indy02 happy r_health edyrs
             |             | ln_pcy02 ln_avcityy city province male divorced
             |             | widowed finassets hhdebt
       happy | mlogit      | ln_pcy02 r_health male divorced widowed
    r_health |             | [No missing data in estimation sample]
       edyrs |             | [No missing data in estimation sample]
    ln_pcy02 |             | [No missing data in estimation sample]
  ln_avcityy |             | [No missing data in estimation sample]
        city |             | [No missing data in estimation sample]
    province |             | [No missing data in estimation sample]
        male |             | [No missing data in estimation sample]
    divorced |             | [No missing data in estimation sample]
     widowed |             | [No missing data in estimation sample]
   finassets |             | [No missing data in estimation sample]
      hhdebt |             | [No missing data in estimation sample]

Imputing 1..file uricevar02.dta saved

. sort city province hhid

. compress

. save uricevar02, replace
file uricevar02.dta saved

.
.
end of do-file

. count if happy==.
   65

Would you have any ideas about what's going wrong? I'd be very grateful.
Thanks so much,
Ramani