st: Statalist FAQ updated

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Statalist FAQ updated
Date   Mon, 31 Oct 2005 17:54:56 -0000

Thanks to Annette Fett, the Statalist FAQ has been updated.
As always the URL is given at the end of this post,
but here it is anyway:

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/statalist.html

The main change in this version is some bringing up-to-date
of the material on the SSC archive, for which those who use
it are enormously in Kit Baum's debt. Kit himself tuned
the sections concerned.

As people are always joining the list, and even some
of those who have been list members for a while show
limited recognition of the recommendations in the FAQ,
I add my usual reminder that you are supposed to read
the FAQ, at least before posting to the list.

This month's selected recommendation is below:

"Continuing or closing a thread you started is important,
especially by answering secondary questions and by
reporting what solved your problem."