Re: st: Re: fitstat

From   "Herve STOLOWY" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Re: fitstat
Date   Sun, 30 Oct 2005 16:24:46 +0100

Dear Kit:

Thank you for your suggestion. I was not aware of that at all. I will reorganize my folders and my use of Stata.

Concerning the fitstat problem, this is what I did:

ado uninstall spost9_ado, from("c:\ado\plus\")
ado uninstall spost9_ado, from("C:\Program Files\Stata9\ado\updates\")

net install spost9_ado, from (http://www.indiana.edu/~jslsoc/stata).

Previously, I had uninstalled the spostado (for Stata 8).

When I search for fitstat in my hard drive, the only file I find is located in the right folder (c:\ado\plus).

Nevertheless, -fitstat- still does not work after -ologit-.

If I don't bother you, could you tell me how to follow your advice: "I would try to expurge all instances of the 'spost' stuff from your
machine, including manually removing user-written items from the  official Stata directories, and then start over with net install"?

How could I identify the remaining "spost" stuff? How can I identify a user-written ado-file from an official update ado-file in my Official Stata 9 updates directory?

Sorry again but I have been using Stata for two years and did not consider these issues enough seriously before my "fitstat" problem.

Best regards

Herve

Professeur/Professor
Coordinateur du D�partement/Head of Department
HEC Paris
D�partement Comptabilit� Contr�le de gestion / Dept of Accounting and Management Control
1, rue de la Liberation
78351 - Jouy-en-Josas
France
Tel: +33 1 39 67 94 42 - Fax: +33 1 39 67 70 86
[email protected]
http://campus.hec.fr/profs/stolowy/perso/home.htm
>>> [email protected] 10/30/05 3:13 PM >>>
Part of the problem here is that fitstat.ado should NOT be located in
the official Stata9\ado\updates\f directory. The ssc command (or net
install) would never put it there, and you shouldn't either. But the
result of placing items in the official directories is to give them
precedence over user-installed software in ~/ado/plus, and ado
uninstall will not remove items from the official Stata directories
(since they should not be there in the first place).

I would try to expurge all instances of the 'spost' stuff from your
machine, including manually removing user-written items from the
official Stata directories, and then start over with net install.

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics
http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html