st: From Weekly Data to Monthly Data

From   "Thomas Speidel" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: From Weekly Data to Monthly Data
Date   Mon, 24 Oct 2005 07:50:24 -0600

I have a dataset containing yearly and weekly data starting from week 1
1999 (i.e. week of Jan 1, 1999) to week 53.  This is repeated from year
1999 to year 2004.  I am trying to convert this data to monthly data,
containing the total no. of units for each month of each year.  The
problem is all months (except some Februarys) contain a little more than
4 weeks, and so computing the total for each month is not
straight-forward. I guess any solution will have to include some error,
which is fine.

Any ideas? Thanks for any suggestions.
Thomas

The following is a sample of my data: