st: how to store coefs to be used as initial values for nl?

From   "Krawczyk, M.W." <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: how to store coefs to be used as initial values for nl?
Date   Sat, 22 Oct 2005 18:09:33 +0200

hello everyone,

I would like perform non-linear least squares estimation in (30) different groups of observations separately (using command by var:)

I first estimate a linear model (in transformed variables) to get initial values for nl.

Do you know how can I store the coefficients from the linear model separately for every of 30 sub-populations to somehow automatically feed them into the nl command (more specifically, in init())?

thanks in advance,
michal krawczyk,
amsterdam

________________________________

From: [email protected] on behalf of peter harper
Sent: Sat 10/22/2005 12:11 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Endogeneity

Dear Statalisters

I have used OLS to estimate an equation from the cross
section dataset of a year. I would be grateful, if
someone would tell me the commands to use to detect if
there is endogeneity between an independent variable
and the dependent variable.

2. What are the Stata commands to remedy the
endogeneity problem please.

Thanks in advance

<<winmail.dat>>