RE: st: Question on data manipulation

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Question on data manipulation
Date   Fri, 21 Oct 2005 13:34:22 +0100

The following may help here:

        4/05    How do I create variables summarizing for each
                individual properties of the other members of a
                group?
                http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/data/members.html

        2/03    How do I create a variable recording whether any
                members of a group (or all members of a group)
                possess some characteristic?
                http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/data/anyall.html

Andre pierre

> Thanks, but this does not work: The "dummy" variable contains
> only "ones". I
> had already tried with with the "by:" command, but I am not
> sure about how to use it.

Ulrich Kohler replied to Andre pierre