st: RE: mrunning size

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: mrunning size
Date   Wed, 19 Oct 2005 17:26:01 +0100

Glad you like the command, but sorry, but from this
direction comes no light whatsoever.

I am not even clear on why you are sure that
the problem lies with -mrunning-. -mrunning-
as far as graphics is concerned is just a wrapper
for various standard calls and does nothing
whatsoever at a low level. Likewise what you
do downstream with the graph produced is beyond
our ken.

In general I have found that unless graphs
are equivalent in content and style -graph combine- will
not always do what you hope it will. I think
the problem lies in -graph combine- being half stupid and half
intelligent about what the component graphs are.

Vince Wiggins will no doubt be able to say something
less stupid and more intelligent.

Fred Wolfe