st: RE: meta.ado

From   "Steichen, Thomas J." <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: meta.ado
Date   Tue, 18 Oct 2005 11:53:17 -0400

[email protected] writes:

> I'm try to perfom a meta-analysis using the meta command :
> meta ln_theta se(ln_theta). I've only 3 Hazard Ratios and
> ttheir SE and 95%CI. The second table of the output reports
> the HR (95%CI) of the individual studies (that is, it
> displays the data set), but one of them is not correct. These
> HR are not estimated by the meta command, since they are the
> individual results from the literature review I want to
> combine... I can't understand why only 2 of them are
> displayed correctly.

It would be helpful to list the exact command you used and to
tell us the version # of meta you used (use -which meta- to get
the version #).  Perhaps also, list your dataset and the results
obtained from meta.

The default output from meta from the version I have installed
does not automatically include the second table, so would not be
produced by the command you show. Furthermore, meta would not
accept se(ln_theta) as a legitimate variable name.

I suspect you are using the -ebayes- option or are actually
concerned about the CI being different (rather than
the HR point estimate being different). The point estimate is
simply read-in then directly printed for a default meta command.

If you used -ebayes-, the reported estimates can differ from the
raw estimates.

If it is the CI, then rounding may be involved or -meta- is
using an approach for generating CI's that is not the same as
the original paper used.

Tom

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This e-mail message, including any attachment(s),
contains information that may be confidential, protected by the
attorney-client or other legal privileges, and/or proprietary non-
public information. If you are not an intended recipient of this
message or an authorized assistant to an intended recipient, please
notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from
your system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this
message and/or any of its attachments (if any) by unintended recipients
is not authorized and may be unlawful.