Re: st: RE: stset and the NLSY97

From   Lars Kroll <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: stset and the NLSY97
Date   Mon, 17 Oct 2005 09:24:23 +0200

I don't think your on the right way Marcello,

 id year age firstsex_yr
> > 1  1997 15     .
> > 1   1998 16   16
> > 1   1999 17   16
> > 1   2000 18  16
> > 2  1997 12   .
> > 2  1998  13  .
> > 2  1999  14 11
> > 2  2000 15  11
> > 3 1997  16  12
> > 3  1998  17  12
> > 3  1999 18  12
> > 3   2000 19  12

are single failure multiple obs per subject data, so I would suggest:

gen failure = age==firstsex if firstsex<.
sort persnr year
by persnr, sort : gen enterstudy = year==year[1] // if your first year
                                           // isn't 0 one never
                                           // know...

stset age, id(id) failure(failure==1) exit(failure==1)
enter(enterstudy==1)

Hope this helps,

Lars

Lars E. Kroll