RE: st: Any easy way to append commands in the review window to current do file?

From   "Svend Juul" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Any easy way to append commands in the review window to current do file?
Date   Thu, 13 Oct 2005 23:34:55 +0200

JP Azevedo wrote:

Have a look at the note written by Ross A. Odell on NoteTab and Stata.
http://fmwww.bc.edu/repec/docs/textEditors.html
My understand is that the editor is able to run selected lines of code.
------------------------------------

I must admit that I never succeeded in making Ross Odell's tools work.
Also, since Stata 9 allows several do-file windows, it has become less
interesting (to Stata 9 owners). But in Stata 8 you still could:

1. Open the command log into a NoteTab window.
2. Copy-and-paste selected commands to another NoteTab window
    - and maybe do some further editing.
3. Save a hopefully workable do-file.
4. From Stata execute it by File > Do...

This is somewhat tedious, but I lived well with it for quite some time.
Now, Stata 9 has spoilt me.

Svend

Svend Juul
Vennelyst Boulevard 6