st: can gllamm fit this?

From   "Howells, William" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: can gllamm fit this?
Date   Mon, 10 Oct 2005 14:17:49 -0500

I have three binary variables, say x1, x2, and x3.  I want to fit two
logistic regression models simultaneously, x2=b12*x1 and
x3=b13*x1+b23*x2.  I want to fit them simultaneously in order to
calculate the indirect effect proportion = (indirect effect)/(total
effect) = (b12*b23)/(b12*b23 + b13).  Because the data are not
continuous, I cannot use pathreg.  I believe this model falls in the
category of latent variable (SEM) using manifest variables, which I've
read gllamm can fit.  Any advice or guidance is appreciated,
specifically how to specify the B matrix, or if I even need a B matrix.
The documentation is pretty tough to work through.

Bill Howells, MS
Behavioral Medicine Center
Washington Univ, St Louis