st: filling in a panel

From   "Alexander Nervedi" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: filling in a panel
Date   Fri, 07 Oct 2005 17:44:06 +0000

Hi guys,

So i have this survey data that is not balanced and i have defined as a panel using

. tsset id time

the problem is that there are like 5 or 6 other variables that are key identifiers that need to be used in other parts of the analysis such as seasons, housecodes, etc. The missingness for the numeric variables I managed to fix using the lead and foreward time series operators.

what i cant fix is the alphanumeric housecode the lead/foreward operators dont seem to like. I keep getting a type mismatch error when i do

replace hcode = L1.hcode if time > 1 & time < 4 /*there are 3 time periods*/

I was wondering if there is any cool way of filling in the grid for string type variables in this kind of a setting.

mucho gusto,
Alnerdy

Don�t just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/

*