Re: st: Limit of numlist

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Limit of numlist
Date   Thu, 06 Oct 2005 10:02:01 -0500

Alan Neustadtl <[email protected]> asks:

> <cut> ... I am getting an error "invalid
> numlist has too many elements  r(123)".  I have 17,915 observations.
> If I limit my dataset to a smaller number of observations (using drop
> or keep) to, say 1,000, or hardwire a smaller number, the program
> sucessfully writes out the data.
>
> After searching the documentation I cannot find a limit to the number
> stored in numlist.  Is there such a limit?  If so, can it be
> increased?

Others have provided alternative commands for what you want to
accomplish.  In terms of the limits of numlist see

    help limits

and look down to about the 7th entry in the table.  It indicates
that the limit for the number of elements in a numlist is 1,600.

We currently have no plans to increase that limit.

Ken Higbee    [email protected]
StataCorp     1-800-STATAPC