RE: st: RE: news modules on SSC

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: news modules on SSC
Date   Sat, 1 Oct 2005 18:33:34 +0100

Users can indeed write -egen- functions and many
users have done that. Just look for files _g*.ado
in the official ado files as examples to emulate.

. search certification script

will give you Stata's answer to your last question.

Jean-Benoit Hardouin

> Dear Nick,
> On your 1., you're right: -genscore- is very sensitive to the missing
> value and this is the main reason why I have wrote this
> command: I must
> improve the hlp file to explain that.
> On your 2., you're right BUT the *missing* option consider by default
> only a point ".", so without using this option, you obtain
> what you want
> and a user who forget the *missing* option cannot have any problem. I
> don't think this is a dangerous option, but I am interesting
> by advices
> of others users !
> On your 3. That's right !
>
> I modify the hlp file following these remarks and the ado file to
> support -if- and  -in-. Thank you Nick for your mail !
>
> On the end of your mail, (my poor english can produce bad
> interpretations) my idea was to write a user-written Stata packages
> accessible from -egen- (I believe this is possible), not to
> propose to
> StataCorp to adopt it !! I am sorry if I have bad explain my idea.
>
> Nevertheless, I have learned full of things in your mail
> about the way
> to adopt something in official Stata. What is a certification script ?

Nick Cox a �crit :