Re: st: Help with survival analysis

From   "Lars E. Kroll" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Help with survival analysis
Date   Tue, 27 Sep 2005 12:39:32 +0200

Hi Joshua,

try:

. stcurve ,  xlabel(0 "12" 1 "13")

and see

. h twoway_options

Joshua P. Mersky schrieb:

To Whom It May Concern:

I am currently using survival analysis for a paper that examines
associations between various predictors and the timing of first birth in
our sample.  I have completed all of my analyses, but I am having
difficulty in getting my graphical output to look exactly the way I
want.  I have generated survival curves for two groups that I wish to
compare, but I cannot figure out how to configure the X-axis to my
preferred specifications. Specifically, survival time in my analysis ranges
from 0-12, representing the number of years covered in the analysis (ages
12-24).  I would like to have the ticks on the X-axis range from 12 to 24,
but the default mode on Stata tells it to range from 0 to 12.  I have tried
numerous solutions to no avail.  I am assuming that I can avoid recoding my
data and that there is a syntax command that will enable me to label the
ticks on the X-axis to range from 12-24. Can anyone provide me with the
proper command?

Much obliged,

Joshua Mersky
University of Wisconsin-Madison