Re: st: -nl- question [was: From: ... <[email protected]>]

From   n j cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: -nl- question [was: From: ... <[email protected]>]
Date   Fri, 23 Sep 2005 16:01:50 +0100

Please use informative subjects for your posts.
Also note that the Statalist software is lamentably
incapable of transliterating Greek characters.

You refer to an -nl- function -log4- bundled with Stata.
This fits equations of the form

y = b0 + b1 /(1 + exp(-b2*(x - b3)))

I see two variables there, y and x. I guess you want
to fit a more complicated equation with two predictor
variables on the RHS. You could do that with -nl-
but with -log4- only one functional form is on
offer. You would need to use a different syntax.

-nl- in Stata 9 is much more flexible than in
previous versions.

Does anyone know if the command nl log4 can handle more than one variables
and if yes how the estimated parameters can be recovered?