RE: st: Re: Thanks - Problems with internet access [was: ... Collapsesyntax error]

From   "Thuy Le" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Re: Thanks - Problems with internet access [was: ... Collapsesyntax error]
Date   Thu, 22 Sep 2005 16:23:32 -0400

Instead of clicking on the executable with your left button, click the right
button and select Pin to Start Menu. You will see it appears on Start menu
but not in program. If you want, you can copy from Start menu to put in your
program folder.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Ramani Gunatilaka
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 4:13 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: Re: Thanks - Problems with internet access [was: ...
Collapse syntax error]

Friedrich,
Thanks so much. I followed the instructions at that URL and managed to
update to Version 8.2, Jan 2005.
When I was messing around with it, though, I did something and now I can't
go through Start, All Programmes, Stata, to get Stata running because that
folder is empty. I now have to go to My Computer, C:\Stata, and click the
executable. I'd be grateful if either you or anybody else could tell me how
to fix it so I can start Stata from Start. But at least, through My
Computer, I can access Stata, so it is not life or death. Thanks once again.

Nick and Louis,
Updating the version certainly solved the problem of collapse. It also
solved the problem of direct access to the internet. So turning my httpproxy
thing off because I now have direct broadband access worked with the latest
update. Thank you, too.

Now it only remains for me to fix how to be able to write to Statalist from
Yahoo.

Thanks so much for your help, and to Marcello and Michael too for suggesting
alternatives. I really appreciate it.

Ramani