st: Display oddities in Stata/SE 9.1

From   "Michael S. Hanson" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Display oddities in Stata/SE 9.1
Date   Wed, 21 Sep 2005 16:40:37 -0400

I am running Stata/SE 9.1 (all up-to-date) on Mac OS X (10.4.2). I've noticed that if "Enable fast scrolling" is checked in the Results Window Preferences, then one of more lines of text initially will be "invisible" in the Results window: they simply are not displayed. Activating the Results window by selecting the "invisible" text with the mouse, or by using the mouse to drag the scroll bar past the "invisible" line of text will reveal the "missing" line(s) of text. (Note: one needs to use a command that produces enough output to see this anomaly; several -xt- r-class commands exhibit this problem for me, for example.) The problem seems to be invariant to the background color scheme used for the Results window, and does re-occur after re-launching Stata. The problem goes away if "Enable fast scrolling" is unchecked. I do not recall seeing this behavior with 9.0. Is this a known issue? Has anyone else seen this display oddity?

-- Mike

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/